Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Weekly Rocker: Perfect Mistakes


Perfect Mistakes - Scott Bishop

Everytime we never met, another time I thought I glimpsed you
A history filled with regret, rewritten as a life of fortune
Moments I saw as missteps were footprints on the path to find you
Some semblance of how we forget/The book revised to now star you

Characters stripped from the story
In the rearview as if to seem too boring
You take the brush and slap across the page vivid new colors

Every town I ever left/I left behind a tenament of unwritten stories
Memory, that poor architect, mixes up the stones from different quarries

The marble of old loves forgotten
The limestone of youth besotted
To the unforgiving granite of my heart you've taken your
Chisel and carved out words I never thought I'd say
(Now I give them to you)
The corner of its foundation now bears your name
(I whisper to you the great saying above its gate)

From every house I ever wrecked, I took away the pieces of what I lacked
Reconstituted amlmost whole, a body that could absorb the impact
Until the day I collided with you, and saw the very last crack filled up
Every corner became a room/I saw a home wherever you turned up

No comments:

Post a Comment